I am an experienced Creative Director, brand designer, and team leader. A passionate yet pragmatic challenger of the status quo. For more than 15 years I’ve hired, led, and developed teams that create clear, powerful, and creative communications that move audiences to act.
Copywriting and editing
Copywriting and editing
Palo Alto, CA
Creative Director | March 2016 to Present
Senior Manager, Brand & Creative | April 2013 to February 2016
- Define and manage the artistic direction and design of the company’s worldwide brand, executing a wide range of materials in print, web, video, social media, and advertising.
- Lead the conceptualization, design and execution of websites, conference branding, landing pages, data sheets, ebooks, advertising, social media, presentations, videos, emails, and other marketing assets.
- Collaborate with colleagues to strategize, develop and execute inbound and outbound marketing campaigns.
- Solicit, contract, and manage external creative resources as needed in order to meet the marketing demands of the company.
- Lead projects and manage relationship with external contractors and creative agencies.
- Build and manage a world-class team of designers and developers to support our marketing efforts.
California and Massachusetts
Freelance Designer and Art Director | 2001 to Present
- Design and branding for various clients including KBM Workspace, Druva, Staples, The Institute for the Future, and KaBloom.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute & The Jimmy Fund
Art Director | October 2004 to July 2012
Senior Graphic Designer | April 2002 to October 2004
- Responsible for visual design and brand strategy for 11 business units in support of fundraising more than $160 million annually.
- Oversaw design and production of over 1,000 individual projects a year, including event and program branding; brochures; annual and quarterly publications; invitation packages; direct mail; newsletters; promotional items; print, out-of-home and online advertising; web sites and other digital media.
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team of writers, marketing professionals, and internal clients to conceptualize and execute visual communication projects.
- Managed a team of five, including graphic designers, print buyer, and photography coordinator.
- Developed and maintained relationships with vendors – including printers, photographers and freelance designers.
- Developed, documented and implemented department workflow, creative and production processes.
Senior Graphic Designer | July 2000 to May 2001
- Established visual design and branding for web sites based on creative briefs, client expectations and guidance from creative director.
Gist & Erdmann, Inc. Advertising & Marketing
San Jose, CA
Art Director | February 1998 to July 2000
Graphic Designer | May 1996 to February 1998
- Worked closely with clients and vendors to conceptualize, design and produce branding, print, and digital projects from conception to delivery.
San Jose State University
- B.A. – Design