Palo Alto, CA
Creative Director | March 2016 to Present
Senior Manager, Brand & Creative | April 2013 to February 2016
- Define and manage the artistic direction and design of the company’s worldwide brand, executing a wide range of materials in print, web, video, social media, and advertising.
- Lead the conceptualization, design and execution of websites, conference branding, landing pages, data sheets, e-books, advertising, social media imagery, presentations, promotional videos, emails, and other marketing assets.
- Solicit, contract, and manage external creative resources as needed in order to meet the marketing demands of the company.
- Lead projects and manage relationship with external contractors and creative agencies.
- Build and manage a world-class team of designers and developers to support our marketing efforts.
- Manage the Creative Services budget.
Ongoing since 2001
- Contract design for clients including Intrax, Druva, Staples, The Institute for the Future, and KaBloom.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute & The Jimmy Fund
Art Director | October 2004 to July 2012
Senior Graphic Designer | April 2002 to October 2004
- Responsible for visual design and brand strategy for 11 business units in support of fundraising more than $160 million annually.
- Oversaw design and production of over 1,000 individual projects a year, including event and program branding; brochures; annual donor recognition publications; invitation packages; direct mail; newsletters; promotional items; print, out-of-home and online advertising; web sites and other digital media.
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team of writers, marketing professionals, and internal clients to conceptualize and execute visual communication projects.
- Supervised a team of three graphic designers. Supervisory responsibilities included hiring, disciplinary actions, annual reviews, as well as motivating staff and encouraging professional and skill development.
- Developed and maintained relationships with vendors, including photographers and freelance designers.
- Forecasted, budgeted, and implemented technology upgrades as well as provided day-to-day Macintosh technical support for the design team.
- Developed, documented and implemented workflow, creative and production processes.
Senior Graphic Designer | July 2000 to May 2001
- Established visual design and branding for web sites based on creative briefs, client expectations and guidance from creative director.
Gist & Erdmann, Inc. Advertising & Marketing
San Jose, CA
Art Director | February 1998 to July 2000
Graphic Designer | May 1996 to February 1998
- Worked closely with clients and vendors to conceptualize, design and produce branding, print, and digital projects from conception to delivery.
San Jose State University
- B.A. – Design
Software & Technical Skills
Expertly skilled in both print and digital design. Mastery of Macintosh platform and a high level of computer knowledge across platforms.
Like the back of my hand
There is always more to learn
- Responsive web design
- UX/UI principles
Well enough to get by
- Linux web server administration
- HTML Essential Training
- HTML5: Structure, Syntax, & Semantics
- WordPress Essential Training
- CSS Fundamentals
- “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information” with Edward Tufte
- “Logos, Logotypes & Symbols” with Gregg Berryman
- Diversity Management
- Decision Making in Teams
- Coaching and Counseling
- Building High-Performance Teams
- HOW Design
- AIGA GAIN
- AIGA National